Buttock augmentation refers to surgical techniques for increasing the size (and shape) of the buttocks. Such techniques include the “Brazilian butt lift” or fat transfer, use of Butt implants, or sometimes a combination of both.
Buttock augmentation surgery:
- Increases the fullness, roundness and projection of the buttocks
- Improves the balance of one’s figure
- Enhances one’s self-image and self-confidence
Buttock augmentation surgery is therefore right for someone who does not like the shape of their butt or is looking to balance their body.
A good candidate for buttock augmentation:
- Is physically healthy
- Has realistic expectations
- Is bothered by her buttocks being too small
- Is unhappy with the roundness or general shape of her buttocks
- Has an asymmetrical butt
Risks of buttock augmentation include risks from anesthesia, bruising and swelling, bleeding, fluid accumulation, infection, implant complications, fat necrosis, fat embolism liposuction complications, nerve damage, deep vein thrombosis, cardiac and pulmonary complications, and possible need for revisionary surgery.
Dr. Gbulie will fully discuss buttock augmentation options with you and guide you through the decision-making process as well as surgery and recovery.